Packing is part of every moving process and it is a task that takes most of the time when moving to a new home. No matter if you are moving locally or long distance, you need to have the right material for packing. What are the best moving supplies for fragile items and are there any replacement for some packing materials?
Most of us have fragile items to pack and move. Such as kitchenware, furniture made of glass, TV, paintings, decorations, etc. Especially if you are moving long-distance or shipping fragile items to another country, you need to pay more attention to packing fragile items.
Moving supplies for fragile items
What supplies for packing do you need to gather before moving? Fragile items don’t include only items made from glass. If you need to pack and move antiques, you will also need special packing supplies, in order to protect and safely transport items from point A to point B.
What are the best moving supplies for fragile items? If you are packing for the first time, you will definitely need a packing guide. Start gathering all the items you need before packing, on time. Don’t wait until the last moment. Supplies you will need are:
- Air bubble foil
- Packing peanuts
- Plastic wrap
- Strong and new cardboard boxes
- Styrofoam edge protectors
- Duct tape
Before starting with packing, buy all these supplies. You have 2 options, to go to the store and buy it or save time and buy packing materials online.
How to pack fragile items properly?
After buying supplies we have mentioned before, it is time to start packing.
- How to use air bubble foil? Don’t worry, it is easy to use and it is one of the best packing supplies for breakable items. Wrap an air bubble foil a couple of times around a fragile item. But, wrap each item individually. And also, wrap items with the bubble side facing inwards.
- How to use packing paper? Use clean paper without ink, and your things will be ink-free. Packing paper is good for small items and less expensive items. For larger and valuables, use an air bubble foil.
- How to use moving boxes? It is important to use new and firm cardboard boxes, not the old ones. It is not safe. Buy different sized moving boxes. Don’t put too many things in the same box and put heavier items on the bottom.
Of course, if you are hiring professional packers, they will bring all the supplies and equipment for packing. So, you don’t have to worry about moving supplies for fragile items and this part of the packing process.