When the time comes to move to another place, there are a lot of things to manage and consider. For instance, you have to plan a long-distance move, choosing the right moving date, finishing all paperwork and documents, and many other things. Most people will say that the hardest part of the moving process is selecting the items and packing them. Making a selection can be really tricky, especially when you know that there are the items your movers won’t move. In order to know which items you cannot relocate by hiring professional movers, read the following lines in the article.
A list of the items your movers won’t move
So, what are the items you cannot relocate by hiring professional movers? Here is a list of them:
- Pets. – Even if you put your pets inside a well-protected cage, there are still companies that will not move your pet. Keep in mind that inside a moving truck there will be a lot of other belongings and it can be really hot or cold.
- Plants.- The second thing from the list of the items your movers won’t move is the plants. Mostly, the companies will not move plants because of the different laws in every state.
- Explosives.- Fireworks or ammunition is another thing that most companies will not move. Any type of item that is potential dangerous can cause problems.
- Personal documents and valuables. – Financial documents, ID, jewelry, money, and other personal belongings will not be relocated by movers. You should keep this belongings with you.
- Food and alcohol.- Finally, persihable food and alcohol is also not a common thing for relocating. So, you have to ask your company if they are moving these belongings or not.
As you can see, these are the most common items that movers will not relocate. Still, do not forget that items they can move to your new address, have to be protected and secured properly. For example, there are tips for packing fragile items when you are moving.
Contact your moving company and ask them which items they are moving
In order to know which belongings you should prepare for your move, you have to give a call and ask your moving company about moving your belongings. This means that before you hire a moving company, you have to be sure that your belongings are going to be transported properly. In the case that a moving company is not moving some of the belongings, you can either rent a storage unit or get rid of them.
Always ask your movers about the items they won’t move
You can see that it is an important thing to know the list of the items your movers won’t move. In this way, you will know which of the belongings you should prepare for your upcoming relocation and which of them you should leave behind. Do not forget to give a call to your company and ask them all the things you have to know about your upcoming relocation!