Brooklyn move should be an adventure, with all your family members smiling along the process. Moving to NYC is always a great thing to do. It brings the excitement and different sorts of opportunities in your life. However, a relocation is a very difficult task. The overall process of migration brings big stress into your life. In fact, the moving is among top 5 stressful situations you’ll experience in your life. Therefore, you better prepare properly for it. Hiring a moving company helps a lot. Pick one of the best movers in Brooklyn and let them give you a hand. Having professionals on your side is a must have for moving to NYC. Besides this, we’re gonna give you here some important Brooklyn moving tips to help you start a new life easily and stress-free.
How to prepare for a big NYC moving day?
Yes, it’s inevitable to feel an excitement when a move to Brooklyn comes on the table. However, you must try to keep the concentration and remain calm until the job is done. As we said, the relocation is one of the toughest jobs you’ll ever do. With that in mind, you should put an effort to start the preparations as soon as you decided to move to NYC. We are here to help you with a few Brooklyn moving tips:
- Pick the best movers available – Moving professionals from Brooklyn know how and when everything should be done.
- Before everything – make a moving plan – A plan for all activities you should undertake before your relocation will help you not forget anything important, and do everything on time.
- Arrange some help for the packing day (in case you want to do it on your own) – An additional pair of hands helps you do the packing easier. If it’s a friend, you’ll have fun too!
- Talk to your family and prepare them for the big move – Some of your family members might feel the stress, help them relax.
Choosing reliable and quality Brooklyn moving company is the most important of all Brooklyn moving
Why? Because they have the know-how, the experience, the tools, and they know every part of Brooklyn well. How should you search for the movers? Ask your friends, dig on the web, go around the neighborhood. After you find a few candidates, make sure to check the background of each of them. See whether or not there were accusations of a moving fraud, do their previous customers claim they provide low-quality moving services, how quickly they conduct the relocation (is there a delay in the delivery of your items) etc. After you find and arrange a decent moving company, you can be sure that half the moving job is done!
What’s a moving plan?
Just like any other job, a relocation requires being planned properly. But, given that it’s a bit different than the other jobs, you might ask: But how to make a plan for such a job? Well, there are certain activities you need to do, and you must make a schedule for them. Some of them take more time, some less. In accordance with this, you should make a strict schedule and stick to it. Even when you might think there’s so much time until your moving day, there are always some unpredictable circumstances. So when possible, do everything you can. If you finish everything way before the date for your Brooklyn move, great! To help you make a moving plan, we’ll list some important activities here:
Make a list of potential movers, check each one, and hire the best
- Gather medical/school records
- Declutter your home
- Measure the size of your relocation so you could get the accurate estimate for a moving cost
- Start the packing (if doing it yourself, pack the items by priority, leaving those belongings you use every day for the end)
- Notify your bosses/schools/doctors etc. that you are changing your home address
- Make an arrangement for the days-off around your moving date
- Take an inventory of all your belongings, so you could check if everything is delivered in the end
- Make sure you clean your former home so you could get your deposit back
These were some of the most important things to do before your moving day. However, consult your moving company and make your own list, adding everything important to this moving plan. And make sure you set the date for each activity. This will let you plan everything and never miss something crucial.
Are you doing the packing? Get some help!
Packing is a very exhausting job. Besides this, you need to have an experience and know-how to pack the items properly. For example, you need to know how to pack some valuable items or some fragile items, so they don’t get damaged during the transportation. Being such a time and effort consuming task, having a few extra pairs of hands will make it less difficult and fun. Especially if your friends come to help. Make an adventure of your moving day and spend some time with your friends you won’t be able to see that much once you relocate.
Prepare your family for the big move
Your family will probably understand that moving to NYC will bring more opportunities, better education, higher salaries, more fun etc. However, they are still leaving their friends behind. This will be especially difficult for your children. So take some time to talk to them. And do that more than once before the moving day. Communicate all the good things that will happen after you move. Let them accept that it is something good. Besides, include them in the moving process. They will probably adjust easier to the fact they’re moving if they participate in the process. Although not among the major Brooklyn moving tips, keeping your family happy is something you must take seriously and pay attention not to make someone unhappy because you didn’t care when you should.